By submitting your application you accept the Terms below and General Rules:
I hereby absolve, indemnify and hold harmless The Land Rover Owners Club of Southern Africa : KwaZulu Natal, together with the Chairman thereof, any Committee member or member of the Club or any one or more organizer of an event from any harm or damage suffered by myself or any member of my party, of any nature whatsoever whether such harm or damage is occasioned by negligence on the part of any of the above or otherwise.
I agree to abide by the General Rules of the club.
1. Members and Visitor’s must sign the Attendance Register when they attend an event. If deemed necessary by the Committee in view of the nature of an event, an event specific Indemnity Form shall also be signed by the drivers of all vehicles.
2. The driver of the vehicle takes full responsibility for all passengers in his/her vehicle.
3. Members who invite visitors to Club functions/events must ensure that their guests abide by Club Rules and the normal code of conduct expected of members. The member takes full responsibility for his/her visitor’s conduct.
4. The Trail Leader is responsible to the Committee for the running of an outing and his/her instructions must be adhered to. He/she has the authority to reprimand members who transgress instructions and/or Club Rules and report such incidents to the Committee.
5. Due regard must be paid to the environment and members shall take every precaution not to despoil it in any way.
6. It is required of members and/or their guests to follow safe driving practices and general safety precautions particularly in the presence of children. Seat belts must be worn if fitted.
7. Members and/or their guests participating in Away/Off road events are required to observe the following:
All vehicles must be roadworthy and ‘bushworthy’.
All loose articles in vehicles to be securely tied down.
When driving in convoy stop if you cannot see the vehicle behind you
At obstacles wait until vehicles in front are safely through before proceeding.
Do not cut in front of others and keep to the tracks.
8. If a member and/or guest wishes to leave an event early, the Trail Leader must be informed.
9. All vehicles must have suitable recovery (NOT TOW) points on the front and the rear to be able to attend most trails / events. Vehicles not suitably equipped with recovery points may at the discretion of the event organizer not be allowed to partake in the event.
10. Open top vehicles or vehicles with canvas tops will be required to be fitted with a roll bar. It is also recommended that single cab pick-up vehicles be fitted with a roll bar.
11. The minimum recovery equipment to be carried in each vehicle is :
High Lift jack
1st aid kit
Recovery strap of at least 9m in length and 4 ton breaking strength.
2 rated bow shackles that fit the vehicles recovery points.
Spade General Rules
The entrance fee is R110 and the annual subs (R200) are also due at application time. For applications submitted after 1st July the annual subs is only R100. So pay either R310 or R210 into the club’s account (banking details below).
Full Year (Jan - Dec)
Depending on when you are applying please select the appropriate "Pay Entrance Fee" box to make an online Credit/Debit Card payment.
Alternatively you can make an eft payment to:
Banking details: EFT
Use your Surname as the reference:
STANDARD BANK Hillcrest
Land Rover Owners Club of SA KZN
Savings Account: 25-414-856-5
Branch Code: 045726
Please email Proof of Payment to:
Half Year (1st July - Dec)
Alternate ways to Apply:
Please click on the link below to download the membership form which is in PDF format.
We would prefer that you complete the form using your computer typing in the information so that it is legible.
Then save and then just email it back to us. The complete procedure is described on the form
If you are unable to do this please contact Brendan Mitchell
083 282 4318